Acer laptop stuck at startup screen after reset

Closed
-
 yoyomynameis)+"+ -
Hello,
After resetting my acer laptop, it wont start up and it stays at the startup screen. I resetted it due to a sound problem and after finishing the process it rebooted and always got stuck. I need an answer as quick as possible. Is there anything I can do?!

4 replies

Registration date
Friday August 28, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 3, 2015
will it let you get into the bios menu? it's usually f2, f10 or f12. power it down and hold down f2 and then power it back up while holding it down. if nothing then do the same with f10 and then f12. it sounds like it might have the boot order outta whack.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

yes it does let me into the bios if I press F2 fast enough. If I press it a few seconds later "no operating system found" appears on the left upper corner

Well my laptop has the windows 10 uploaded so I clicked pther potions and than choose to open with windows ten
Registration date
Friday August 28, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 3, 2015
okay, so usually when you see the no operating system found, the partition has been erased or corrupted. Are you a computer savvy person? I'm talking like having more know how than the basic stuff. I ask because first, I'm not an expert by any means but I do know how to get shiz fixed from my own trial and error. Secondly, just wondering how best to explain it.

I'm not really an expert. I basically know the basic stuff. But I think that it has been erased, not corrupted, since I resetted the whole thing
Registration date
Friday August 28, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 3, 2015
what did you do to reset it? sounds like it's not reading your hard drive.

I resetted it with the reset-option in windows 8.
Registration date
Friday August 28, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 3, 2015
if you go to a site called parted magic and follow their instructions, you can burn a disc that lets you get back in to restore or copy the partition that was in there. you can also use a program called testdisk. it's the same thing that parted magic uses to do it. parted magic is more user friendly though. On the start up screen, does it give you the option to restart at all? I know how to do it pretty easy if you can get in to command prompt.