I have upgrated my OS on my laptop(compaq R3000) from XP to Windows 7 and since than no audio, "device cannot start code 10" I have tried so many things but no luck.
If somebady found solution please answer to me .
3) Once all the Files are extracted DO NOT INSTALL
4) Now Goto the Start Menu Click on Devices and Printers, the Click on the Name you have called your machine this will be marked will a yellow triangle as the sound driver windows 7 has install already is a realtek ac 97 which is not working,
5) Once your Machinename you will see a general tab and and hardware tab select the hardware tab.
6) Look for the Realtek ac 97 under the Device functions, select that and click properties,
7) Now tab to the Driver, now click update driver,
8) Select the option let me pick from a list of devices drivers, now click have disk
9) Click on Browse select the following location Swsetup\SP29586\SMAXWDM\W2K_XP and click on smwdmCH6.inf
10)Now the Soundmax Driver should come up select ok and next. Now your Sound will work