My laptop wont load

Closed
emma - Jun 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 4, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Hello,
i have a problem with my sony vaio vgn-nr21j/s
my daughter dropped it the other day an since she has the laptop will not load i can get it on an press f8 until the screen appears then when i click repair it wont go any further, would anyone be able to advise me pls as i really would like to get all my childrens pictures an my course work of the computer as i have had to buy a new laptop
thks in advance
emma

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jun 3, 2011 at 12:32 PM
Your best bet might be to buy an inexpensive USB adapter for the hard drive. Remove the hard drive and mount it in the adapter. You can then use it as an external drive for the new computer.

You have about a 50% chance that the drive is OK. It the laptop was running when it was dropped then that goes down to 20% or less.

You might be able to just replace the hard drive, reinstall Windows and have a working computer.

I might be worth the cost to have a computer repair shop diagnose the problem. Then you will know the cost to repair or replace.

Good Luck
thk you for replyin would u be able to advise me which usb adaptor i need to buy so i no ive got the correct one an is it easy to remove the hard drive. my friends partner has taken the laptop an has said that he will insert a vista disk an get all my documents in one file on the desk top now i dont no which is the best. i think the laptop was on when it was dropped but am not 100% sure.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jun 4, 2011 at 11:50 AM
After the free fix by a friend I think the repair shop is the best option. I don't have that model laptop and can't advise on the adapter or method of hard disk removal.