Title...laptop wont turn on

Closed
neon wolfe - Jun 11, 2011 at 12:58 PM
 Anonymous User - Jun 11, 2011 at 02:04 PM
Hello,

please i am in desperate need of help.my compaq presario cq40 laptop wont turn on it just went off and refuses to come on.when i try to turn it on the batery and power lights just keep flashing on and off. Someone pls save me!
Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Jun 11, 2011 at 02:04 PM
Hello,

Try this:

1) Disconnect the AC power adapter --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power

button for 60 seconds --> Now reconnect the AC power adapter and try to

switch ON the laptop. Later put the battery back into the laptop.

Good Luck
O_T Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 11, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2011
Jun 11, 2011 at 01:29 PM
I just went through a similar thing with my compaq/HP nc6000. It was working fine. Took it out to collect some data, shut it down and brought it home and nothing. So, I used my wifes laptop and found this site. I found a thread where someone suggested removing the battery, and the power cord of course. Then holding the laptop upside down while depressing the power button for at least 30 seconds. Then put the battery in and press the power button.
I thought it sounded ridiculous, for real. I called a techy type person I know. He figured it was fried. So, I did as the thread suggested and when I put the battery in, the yellow light on the front flashed once, I hit the power button and she booted right up. I'm on it right now.
I've not researched why or how it worked, but I'm here to tell you, it did.