Having trouble connecting my linksys router

Closed
scrub - Jun 13, 2011 at 07:27 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 15, 2011 at 09:20 PM
Hello,

I have my modem connected to my computer and I can use the internet fine. I am connected to the internet when my modem is connected directly to my computer. I have a linkys WRT54GS router and when I plug it in and connect it to my modem it says my modem cannot connect to the internet. I have tried the recommended setup and all different ways. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also when setting it up 'online' and checking the status it continues to have the IP address with all zeros... HELPP????

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 15, 2011 at 09:20 PM
Hellow!

I think there is configuration problem in the router. Plz check the configuration of the router. And if it is done and still of there is problem then check the internet cables of the router and the modem................

here is the configuration of the modem and the router for your type.................

Test Your Internet Connection First
While this seems like something you would not need to be, make sure your Internet connection actually works. If you haven't already, plug the cable modem directly into the back of the computer and make sure you can get onto the internet. You may need to reboot the machine first.

Connect The Modem and Router to the PC
Now that we have confirmed the Internet connection works, the next step is to connect the modem to the router and the router to the PC. The modem will attach to the router's Internet Port. You will then attach the router to the PC via any of the four Ethernet ports in the rear. Check the LED lights in the front of the router to confirm all of the connections are properly made. The Power, WLAN, Ethernet Port to PC and the Internet should all be lit.

Configure The Linksys WRT54G Settings
With all connection made, you will now need to login to the router via your web browser. Type http://192.168.1.1 and hit enter. You should see the login screen. Leave the username blank and type admin as the password and hit enter.

You will now need to configure the router's connection to the Internet. Under the Setup / Basic Setup section, make sure the router is setup to Automatic Configuration - DHCP. This allows the router to receive an IP address from your Internet Service Provider.

Next, go to the MAC Address Clone tab in the same area and enable Mac Address Cloning. This allows the router to clone your PCs MAC address, as the ISP may require this.

Power Cycle the Router and Modem
Now that everything is configured, you'll want to power cycle everything. This is done to make sure everything has an IP address from the modem all the way through to the PC. To power cycle, shutdown everything. Unplug the modem and router power source. Shutdown the computer. Plug in the modem and wait for all green lights. Next, plug in the router and wait a few minutes until its lights are also green. Lastly, boot up the PC. You should have an Internet connection.

Change the Linksys WRT54G Router Password
You noticed when setting up the router, that there was a default username of nothing and a password of "admin." Be sure to log back into the router once everything is running properly and type in a username and change the password. If you don't, a hacker that sees you have a WRT54G router could login to the router with the default credentials.

Hope your problem is solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!