Sony Walkman not Detecting

Closed
Sukhendu - Jul 5, 2011 at 09:14 AM
 Jaro - Oct 9, 2011 at 07:05 AM
Hello,

I have Sony Mp3 walkman player , Model number is NWZ - B142F
The Real problem is my Comp is not Detecting it, When i connect it to other Pc (WinXp Sp2) working, but not in mine.
Few days ago my comp was Detectin it,but not now. I even tried to install driver for the model, but i coul'dnt find it anywhere.
I even went inside My computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager> and i can see Walkman in Yellow Exclamatory mark (!).
Please somebody suggest me what to do, & able to Recover my problem.

Thank You,
S Mukherjee

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 5, 2011 at 04:40 PM
I suggest you delete the device in "Device manager" and also look for entries in the USB that are connected to the Walkman.

Then remove the Walkman, restart the computer and reattach the Walkman. The computer should identify the device and reinstall the device manager.

In the future use the correct procedure to shut-down and disconnect the Walkman (and any other USB connected device). Do not just pull out the wires and walk away with the drive.

Good Luck
i did already what you said but its still showing only thw elcome screen which is walkman... whenever i charged it and plug it in the computer still it only shows MTP Device please help me