Fully using Windows performances?

Solved/Closed
FallingGuy - Jul 7, 2011 at 08:39 AM
 FallingGuy - Jul 12, 2011 at 09:04 AM
Hi there, I have a laptop running on windows, and I was hesitating to put this in the video games category, but the performances is totally weird for everything I do out of games.

I'll explain a bit more.

From the website "Can You Run It?", of System Requirements Lab, I saw that my computer's performances are high, but yet, I cannot run most of the games, and if I do, they lag like hell. Just to browse folders is a pain.

Here's what I've got.

CPU Speed : 2.0 GHz
RAM : 2.5 GB
OS : Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit
Video Card : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470

Though all this, my computer can run a requiring game like Magicka (Though it is slow), but not even open correctly a game like Terraria, though both appears as perfectly runnable on "Can You Run It?"

My question is : "Is there a way to actually increase my laptop's performances, or to fully use its capacities without having to buy things to make it better?"

Thank you in advance.
Related:

1 response

Aud21 Posts 37 Registration date Tuesday March 29, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2012 1
Jul 12, 2011 at 08:23 AM
Hi,

Windows Vista is known for its bugs and slow speed. I recommend you to switch to windows 7 or to get back to windows xp because 2.5GB of ram is barely enough to be able to use a Windows Vista computer without troubles. More over, the integrated graphics card that you have is quite good but on board graphics card uses the Computer's CPU and RAM to operate. Which gives u less cpu performance and less RAM for Windows vista to use.

Regards

-Michael
Thank you alot!