How to automatically start wireless?

Closed
NeedWirelessHelpNow - Aug 27, 2011 at 08:41 PM
 NeedWirelessHelpNow - Aug 28, 2011 at 12:05 PM
Hello, I was wondering how I could set my Atheros AR9285 Network Adapter to start automatically with Windows. The switch for wireless capability is always set to off when I reboot my computer, so I have to use FN+F2 every time I start up my laptop in order to connect wirelessly to the internet, and it gets very annoying. How can I make it start automatically every time I reboot. It used to before, but suddenly stopped, and as soon as I manually turn it on my internet works just fine. Thanks.

1 response

Anonymous User
Aug 28, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Hello,

Try this. In Control Panel open Network and Sharing Center (Control Panel in Classic View). Then in the Network and Sharing Center click on Manage Network Connections on the left side menu. Locate your wireless Network Connection. Then point to it and right click it, then click on Status. Then click on the Wireless Properties button, then make sure there's a tick in the box for Connect Automatically when in range.

Good Luck!
NeedWirelessHelpNow
Aug 28, 2011 at 12:05 PM
I don't think that's the problem because the "Connect Automatically When In Range" option is already checked. Thanks though.