HP Laptop won't turn on

Closed
Christie - Oct 2, 2011 at 03:11 PM
lopezsruss Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2011 - Oct 5, 2011 at 06:49 AM
So, I've been having problems with my charger port not recognizing the charger at times. (I believe my daughter might have knocked it on to it's side and broken it loose)

This isn't my main problem, but it might be a part of it.

Now, the moment my laptop comes in contact with a power source, the charging light comes on (even if the charger is unplugged), the power light comes on on the front of the laptop (but not the main power button), the wifi button is lit up red and the cd in the tray starts spinning (but soon stops), even though I haven't hit the power on button to turn it on. When I do try to power on, I get nothing.

I'm absolutely baffled, and far from a tech genius, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 4, 2011 at 01:32 AM
Hi,

The female adapter port on Laptop may be damaged and making short circuits inside thus making the led light on for best result send to repair center and let professionals fix it for you .

Good luck
lopezsruss Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 at 06:49 AM
power failure?

or your turn on button is damaged. take it to a computer shop to fix it.