Computer won't boot correctly!

Closed
ezz - Nov 1, 2011 at 12:14 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 1, 2011 at 05:17 PM
Hello,

I use Windows XP pro on my computer and cannot find the installation CD.

My problem is here: I open my computer and I can get to BIOS but I never get to the boot screen. It just jams on a black screen with a white hyphen flashing so very annoyingly.

The BG to this: My computer has been like that for six months, mostly because I've been busy with other things and well I'm lazy. Thing is, I really need the stuff on my computer and I can't afford any new CD's right now..
I was happily on youtube there once and then a blue screen of death (or whatever) ruined my day. It was the first time I encountered one of them and of course I paniced and shut my computer before it was finished and all. Now I know a bit more of them and of course I feel pretty dumb. So ever since then it has just jammed up on the black screen with the hyphen.

Help would be SO appreciated!

Oh and please don't tell me to open my computer and change stuff on the inside since that's not possible because I'd have no clue of what I'd be doing ..ehh.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 1, 2011 at 05:17 PM
There is no easy fix. You either have a defective hard disk or a damaged Windows installation. I suggest you find a knowledgeable person to help you fix the computer or take it to a repair shop.

Good Luck