External Monitor question

Closed
AngelJose - Dec 15, 2011 at 03:56 PM
 AngelJose - Dec 15, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Hello, my laptop screen cracked, and I had it hooked up to a monitor that I use for multiple purposes. I don't know why, but I decided to let my brother use the laptop, and he started messing with screen options, where it shows like screen 1 screen 2, and the resolution. Well I have no idea what happened, but now, when I use the laptop I get the windows xp start up, and the acer load out screen, and then my monitor goes black, and my broken screen lights up. I've tried the fn-F5 button stuff, doesn't work, just hoping there's another way to change it, so I can see it on my monitor, as I can't do anything with a broken laptop screen, I would try to fix it, but money is tight, and most of my. Things are on the laptop. Thanks help would be greatly appreciated.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 15, 2011 at 10:28 PM
I would try to boot into "safe Mode" (you use F8 right after you see the Windows logo). then you can go to the monitor icon (or Intel Display adapter icon) and change the resolution.

Good Luck

Tell your brother that "a little knowledge creates the biggest problems" and next time don't touch any Windows settings.
Thanks man, I'll try it first thing in the morning, ha well he got denied access to the man corner. I got my revenge, he didn't know what happened, but I messed around with the parental controls on his xbox, took him awhile to figure it out, never seen someone so mad about call of duty. But yeah, I'll get to you if it works.. I hope It does.