Toshiba recovery

Closed
enes-e - Dec 26, 2011 at 01:29 PM
pulsechaser Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 23, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2011 - Dec 26, 2011 at 09:29 PM
Hello,

When i start my toshiba , the sscreen becomes black and the stand put in boot device, but i don't have it, when i bought my laptop the wassn't any bootable device. when i press the 0 button there comes a beep and than nothing changes. what could I do?

Thanks

1 response

pulsechaser Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 23, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 at 09:29 PM
You haven't given much information on exactly what you see when you boot your Toshiba.

If it isn't much older than a few years, it should have a recovery partition. In case you didn't press "0" at the right time to access it, press and hold the 0 (zero) key on your keyboard and then press the power switch to turn it on. When the computer turns on, the Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility screen will appear, presenting three options.

If that works, read the instructions posted in this forum for how to proceed:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD7C02140000R01.htm

If you couldn't access the recovery partition, you may need to re-install your operating system and Toshiba drivers from disc. If you haven't got one, you can contact Toshiba and order it.