Help a MARINE, recycler virus, need help

Closed
G - Jan 11, 2012 at 09:41 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 14, 2012 at 03:26 PM
Hello,
i am in desperate need of help. im a marine in afghanistan. i have 3 hard drives all infected with the recyclebin virus. and from what i have been reading the autorun.inf as well. we dont get many great things out here. the only thing we have for escape is our movies on our external drives. i know of 5 other that have the virus as well. if there is any way someone could help. it would be much appreciated. i have tried a couple different ways i have read on here but it doesnt seem like it worked. if someone could send me a copy or email of how to fix it that would be great. i get internet access once a week. and not on a personal computer, so not able to download any autoeater's or anything. it would be great to hear a reply by then. thank you in advance

Semper Fi,
G

Related:

6 responses

new problem. i tried a way to fix it. using the CMD and task manager. but i clicked something on the task manager and now all that shows up when i bring up the window is the user, no processes or networking. nothing but the user. i cant exit it except from the task bar below. the only 2 options i have on the window is log off and disconnect user. any ideas?
Anonymous User
Jan 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM
but i clicked something on the task manager and now all that shows up when i bring up the window is the user, no processes or networking///

Double click on edge of task manager,you should get back other things

For recycler issue

Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator"

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5911-autorun-exterminator/

Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" -

This will remove the recycler from the drives.

Step 2:

For xp ,go to RUN and type

cmd and click ok

For vista and 7

Go to start and type

cmd

Now right click on it and select run as administrator

Now run this command

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

where g refers to your external hard drive letter

this should unhide your files

Make sure to run a full scan with

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/
thanks. is there any other way to do it with out the auto run exterminatoor. i cant hook my lap top up to the internet. due to operational security. (military) any other ideas?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jan 13, 2012 at 05:40 AM
Hello to you G and Sundar,

Sundar's solution is the very best.

G, to correspond with Kioskea, you must have Internet and the Exterminator tool is on the Kioskea download section.

Download it from where you are and then transfer the tool to a pendrive or flash drive, you can then again run it on the sick machine.

Regards

P.S. I hope your Commander in Chief will call you back home from hell very soon. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Looks like im just going to have to deal with it tell i get back. there are no portable storage devices allowed to be plugged in. last time that happened the government got caught with its pants down. wiki links. lol they are still a lil sore about that. but thanks for the help. it means alot. stay safe and take it easy.

semper fi,
G
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jan 14, 2012 at 03:26 PM
Hi G,

Look at this link which solved a problem similar to yours which does not require any download. It may inspire you.

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-63526-how-to-remove-autorun-inf-virus-open-hidden

It seems that four marines also got caught with their pants down with their portable devices! :)

Ambucias
Capt (ret)
R22R