External monitor reading "no signal"

Closed
MRaine - Feb 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM
 MRaine - Feb 2, 2012 at 02:33 PM
Hi, so i have an older IBM thinkpad R60. I just updated and installed windows 7 but when i connect to my external monitor (acer) i keep getting "no signal". I have tried different cables and a different monitor and it still doesn't work. my FN F7 doesn't do anything when I try that and even when I go into the Control Panel to connect to an external monitor Windows doesn't detect the external monitor. I Googled and kept reading something about Presentation Director but can't find a windows 7 compatible version. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 2, 2012 at 01:56 PM
Laptop Function keys are controlled by software that is provided by the equipment manufacturer. These manufacturer's often do not supply updates when new operating systems are introduced. In the case of IBM they are not even in the laptop business anymore.

In general any drivers designed for Vista should work for Win 7.

Good Luck
I tried downloading the presentation director that was for Vista and when it goes to run it tells me its not win 7 compatible. Any other advice?