Internet working but can't connect to router.

Closed
Devon - Feb 11, 2012 at 01:30 PM
 The master of tech - Feb 1, 2014 at 05:10 PM
Hello,

My predicamanet is a very odd one. I recently purchased a D-Link router (Model: DIR-825).
First one came in DOA so I returned it and opted to get another.
Just set up the new one and the Internet both wired and wireless is working perfectly.
Problem is, I cannot access the router.
The wizard won't connect, nor will attempting to access it manually (have tried 192.168.0.1 & 192.168.1.1 and neither will load up).
Wouldn't be an issue except I would very much like to secure my network so that my neighbors can't just hook up to it and download whatever they want whenever they want.

I've ALWAYS had good experience with D-Link in the past so this just seems strange to me.
Is this particular model just a dud or am I missing something?

Regards

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Feb 11, 2012 at 02:05 PM
That is strange. You might have Java disabled or your IE security settings are set too high. DLink suggests you reset security to its default levels in IE. It might also be a good idea to disable any security software while you are trying to connect to the router.
192.168.0.1 is the correct address for DLink.
I assume you are using a computer that is connected via wire to access the router and that the computers on the network are using addresses in the 192.168.0.x range.

I had my latest DLink DIR-655 fail after a year or so. It had replaced a EBR-2310 that only lasted 2 or 3 years. I have gone through 5 or 6 routers over the past 15 years and would rate all brands as poor.
Turn off IPV6 Multicast steams in Dir825 router advance network page. This will resolve your issue
light on router for wireless won't come on what do I do to turn it on
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jul 27, 2013 at 04:11 PM
First try the reset button that is on the rear of most routers. If that doesn't work then it's probably time to replace the router.

Good Luck
name or nickname missing
Aug 30, 2013 at 04:17 AM
it's security issue probably. put default gateway address of the router to trusted sites and it should solve the problem.
The master of tech
Feb 1, 2014 at 05:10 PM
Just find a USB flashdrive and put it in a PC with a stable network, and go to properties on the network that you are connected to, and go to connection, and then take copy to flashdrive. and put it in the pc that it doesent work on and just press the sugestion you get when putting the flashdrive in, '' connect to wifi connection '' !