Toshiba Satellite 100A - RECOVERY!

Closed
Kath - Feb 19, 2012 at 10:27 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 19, 2012 at 01:47 PM
Hello,
Wow, great info by the way!
My laptop had a large object dropped on the right lower corner while it was open, so in essence the corner right of the curserbox below the keyboard.
The computer froze but I was able to restart in safe mode.
However, I do not know what I have done, pressed the wrong button I suppose, but my laptop keeps starting and it goes directly into recovery mode, where it first says "system is loading files", then it says System Recovery Options and asks me to choose the language first, press next, then it says "select Operation Sytem to Repair", but none come up. When I click on load drivers, I do not have any to choose from...
I do not mind reformatting my C dive but I am unable to access any of my files to first back them up. This is my main concern, my files!
Please advise and thank you!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 19, 2012 at 01:47 PM
The best way to salvage your data is to remove your hard drive, buy a USB hard drive enclosure box (be sure to get the right kind) and copy the data using a working computer. The USB adapters come in two types IDE and SATA. Older laptops probably have IDE newer one SATA.

Good Luck