Cmos battery

Solved/Closed
ajayk Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2009 - Feb 4, 2009 at 05:45 AM
 Khalil Sheikh Salem - Aug 22, 2010 at 09:01 AM
Hello friends,
i my pc cmos battery is fail .can we boot without cmos battery .i am booting windows xp cd . i am enter bios setup change the first diviece is cdrom ,second boot deivice is hdd also .it is not booting . it entering in to widows .i want to install windows xp .what is the problem .please help me .

4 responses

Khalil Sheikh Salem
Aug 22, 2010 at 09:01 AM
for enter setup press F8 and chose device to boot from it

but for cmos problem its a famous problem the only solved its let computer with electricity are connected ...
gioguitar Posts 26 Registration date Monday August 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 18
Feb 4, 2009 at 08:10 AM
hi,
normally you should be able to do it but each time you will get to set the BIOS.
so, better you get the battery replaced.
if your cmos battery fail when your pc is loaded and you go to shut the system down by any chance does the pc boot backup without you pushing the power button? if this is the case then your cmos battery is on its way out. the cmos battery is there to save data in bios. you can change one really easy and simple on your motherboard it look like a watch battery just buy a new one and replace the old your pc will be as gd as new

hope this information helped mate
u have to change the cmos battery. its easy and simple to change it by
yourself and its very cheap and available in all electronic stores. by replacing the battery only u can able to solve your problem. its 3volts lithium battery!
*god s great*