Wireless wont connect to internet

Closed
metacomm Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday May 2, 2012 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2012 - May 2, 2012 at 08:56 PM
metacomm Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday May 2, 2012 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2012 - May 3, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Hello,

Thank you for taking your time to read this and trying to help me in advance.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L305 Laptop,
Windows Vista Home Premium OS,
Wireless Card: Intel Wifi Link 5100,

I turned off my wireless switch on accident yesterday and when i turned it back on my internet wouldn't work. The connection says that it is connected to the internet with 5 bars but chrome and IE display the "No internet page." I can however go on aim and steam chat but anything else requiring the internet doesn't work. I've checked for proxy servers and all the other computers in my house can connect to the internet no problem. I can also access the internet fine on a LAN cable to the modem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once again thank you.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
May 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM
I suggest you use the wifi search option to find the router again. You need to select your preferred router and supply the password/key again. This time save the selection and password.

Good Luck
metacomm Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday May 2, 2012 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2012
May 3, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Thank you for replying. It was a no go. I reconnected to my router and all my browsers were still not working. I don't know if its relevant or not but yesterday night, I found that my Starcraft 2 multiplayer still worked and that I could still play online at regular internet speed, however most of my other internet requiring programs are not connecting.