Nano 4GB screen frozen "Connected"

Solved/Closed
Rose - Feb 7, 2009 at 11:49 PM
 joe - Mar 4, 2013 at 05:43 AM
Hello,
My daughter who is 11 had her ipod nano (4GB) plugged in to my computer. We were leaving the house so she shut off my computer for me but forgot that she had her ipod still connected. The problem now is my computer does not recognize the her ipod is connected and the ipod won't work at all. The face of the screen says: Connected Eject befor disconnecting. the problem is she can't eject because my computer doesn't even recoginize that anything is plugged into the USB port. there is nothing wrong with the cable because it does recognize my 13 yr old's ipod. Help!! What can I do to fix this child's ipod?
Related:

23 responses

I GOT MINE TO UNFREEZE BY:
toggling the hold switch on and off then hold the menu and the centre button for 6 second until an apple logo appears and ur songs should all be still their
After a good few hours of googling and sweating that I'd cirrupted my disc, I've just done this and it works again!

Mega-ultra-karma-points for you!
justmelikealways
Jul 3, 2009 at 08:45 PM
YOU ARE AWSOME!!!! Just had the same problem and your solution worked for me!!! This ipod was not even mine so thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
You. are. the. awesomest. The shiz niz of all iPod-land. Thank you thank you thank you. I was sweating blood, thinking this was it for my little iPod.
thank you SO SO SO SO very much! I was despairing thinking I'd broken it (techno-dummy here). Thanks! =D
u r amazing thank u
julioz Posts 21 Registration date Sunday December 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2009 1
Feb 8, 2009 at 01:17 AM
Hello Rose,

Well it might be due to a variety of problems but I tried to check it for you on Apple's website, so you can go through this link to try to see if it helps you out https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204307
thanks man I was stucked 4 lik a day with that problem. it really helped
thankyou for the link, it worked and I have got all my tunes back again. I am just a kid and was really getting worried so thankyou thankyou thankyou!
"USEFUL!" I LOVE YOU! ...unfrozeeee it :) yay
Brilliant!!!!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
your a genius
WOW, I just googled this problem, I thought I broke the dang thing, pushing all the bottons and holding down the menu and center button for like 10 seconds really works!!! thanks!!
Thank Youuu... ThannnXXXX -- Oh my god Thank you..
USEFUL,
You are very.
My 4GB Ipod froze also. I hadn,t used it for a while and was testing prior to giving to my daughter for her o/s trip when I froze. Your suggested method worked perfectly.

Thanks

The Ber
WOW ADVISE THAT REALLY WORKS! TYVM
You are a legend, I've been stressing for the last 5hrs trying to get it to work!
Your the king.

This worked perfectly.
WOW!!! thnx soo much all of ya'll I was afraid I would have to buy a new IPOD!! I was freakin out until ya'll helped me. THanks again
dude you're ah-mazing! I was so scared I was gonna lose all my stuff and like it wouldnt work.. ughhh :(( but now its :)) thanks soo much :)
It works!!! Thanks
None of these solutions is working for me. Apple I-pods are great when they work they really shouldn't still be so technically primitive that they crash repeatedly like this!
Funny how the internet has everything you need I was about to break my ipod in 2 parts untuil I checked in here and IT WORKS NOW just having troubles putting music on it tho it says I need an update for v 11 on media player so im waiting for that THANKS!!
thank you very much for this post. it really saved me BIG TIME! whew, it ade me nervous for a while.
Works great after your fix to hold Menu and center buttons down. Thanks!!!
oh my goodness. THANK YOU! I just got this iPOD and I thought it was broken. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. OMG.
Thank you. Sooooooo much.!
Thanks really a lot :)
aww wow thanks I have been all day trying to work it I even rang apple but they were closed so happy I did not make a fool of myself haha simple problem thanks !!!