Please help me change the language of my Dell laptop to english [Solved/Closed]

Bless Talata 1 Posts Tuesday October 9, 2012Registration date October 9, 2012 Last seen - Oct 9, 2012 at 06:16 AM - Latest reply:  edwin
- Oct 20, 2016 at 11:30 PM
Hello,
Please how can I change the language of my dell laptop from german to english? Thanks

See more 

13 replies

Zohaib R 2416 Posts Sunday September 23, 2012Registration date November 12, 2017 Last seen - Oct 9, 2012 at 06:39 AM
Thank you
Hi Bless Talata,

If you want to change the language that Windows uses in wizards, dialog boxes, menus, Help and Support topics, and other items in the user interface, follow the steps below:

1. Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.
2. Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.
3. Under Display language, choose Englisg from the list, and then click OK.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

English is not an option on my list
Ambucias 52412 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus June 14, 2018 Last seen - Sep 10, 2014 at 05:09 PM
I bet it is!
i need to change mine from chinese to english.. I know chinese a bit but when I click OK nothing happens.. and yeah I even tried restarting it..
I did as instructed. I even formatted the laptop. Its still in German.

I ordered it from amazon Germany. Its in German. I was able to change it to English. Unfortunately it updated itself everything came back to german . I tried changing it under region and language. Not working.

What shall I do?
but english is not list therre?