Theres something wrng with my sound device(s) [Closed]

-
 karthik -
Hello, my computer stopped allowing me to play audio files on Windows Media Player and itunes. The following message was displayed on itunes: itunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. audio/video playback may not operate properly. Also the following message was displayed on WMP: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

Can someone please help this is really fustrating

System:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
Related:

5 replies

how do you get to your audio device manager??
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 4129 users have said thank you to us this month

I went to my audio device manager and notice that there wasn't any device listed. I chose my sound card and closed itunes. I then opened it up and it worked! Try that first!
Registration date
Tuesday February 10, 2009
Status
Last seen
February 11, 2009
try uninstalling, then reinstalling your sound card, check the sound and device manager too
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.
how do i solve this problem?
Registration date
Tuesday June 8, 2004
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 25, 2015
Hello,

First try System Restore to the latest point where ur sound card was working nice. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/support/sysrestore.mspx

If it doesn't match u'll have to re-install ur sound card.