Can't browse internet but I'm still connected.

Closed
osumpossum Posts 2 Registration date Friday November 30, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 30, 2012 - Nov 30, 2012 at 09:57 AM
osumpossum Posts 2 Registration date Friday November 30, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 30, 2012 - Nov 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Hello,
in my Dell inspiron mini netbook windows 7 starter, everything was fine until two days ago when a problem with the internet browsing arrived. I can connect to the internet all right but I can't browse or anything. IE is unresponsive, the circle keeps going on and on and on. nothing happens. same problem with chrome until it shows the "pages have become unresponsive" box. Mozilla loads a page halfway then crashes, every time, even opening Google. then I can't close Mozilla as well. I try to end the process but nothing happens. I have McAfee antivirus which I've disabled thinking that might be causing problem. still no use. everything else is running fine in the netbook only this problem with the internet. what do I do?? ps. I've removed the antivirus.
Regards

1 response

you just try to turn on you firewall
osumpossum Posts 2 Registration date Friday November 30, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I did. tried it with both on and off. same problem both times.