Sony VAIO E Series windows 8 downgrade it to Windows 7

Solved/Closed
Rednex Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday 15 January 2013 Status Member Last seen 15 January 2013 - 15 Jan 2013 à 23:56
 al - 16 Mar 2019 à 20:34
Hello,
I bought sony vaio E Series /Model:sve14125cxw/ with windows 8. And I want to downgrade it to Windows 7. Problem is when I pressed red Assist button and choosen start from media. I inserted my windows 7 installation disk with boot in CDROM. But giving error OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND.
Answer is how to downgrade from windows8 to windows 7, how to boot from bootable disk.
Sorry my bad english and thanx for your answer.
Sincerely, Erdenebadral.B


3 responses

Change an option from BIOS from UEFI to Legacy
hi Saif ,

it worked for me!!!!!!
thanks pal
thanks a lot
debrataprince Posts 17 Registration date Thursday 24 January 2013 Status Member Last seen 25 January 2013
24 Jan 2013 à 17:43
u need to windows7 clean installation. have a nice day.
As far as I know the E14's operating system cannot be downgraded / clean win 7 install meaning that Sony has not published any drivers for Win 7 for that specific machine. If you have one with the touchscreen... it's very likely that you'll lose any touchscreen functionality.

As confirmed by Sony's support page : http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE1512C5E/tips-and-solutions