Net has connected but IE and Chrome browsers are not working [Solved/Closed]

krish na 2 Posts Monday February 11, 2013Registration date February 12, 2013 Last seen - Feb 11, 2013 at 02:33 AM - Latest reply:  crusader
- Feb 18, 2015 at 08:56 PM

I had a problem with browsers, in my office laptop I have used IE and Chrome previously, but after formatting this with win7 proffesional, I couldn't able to use IE and chrome but Mozilla is working. and while I login as a administrator all browsers are working fine, please help in this issue and I had tried
1) Click on Start --> In search box, type cmd --> Then "CMD" will be displayed in

the search --> Now right-click on "CMD" ---> Select "Run as administrator".

2) Now enter this command

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Press "Enter".

3) Reboot your computer

but I didn't get the prblm resolved.

See more 

16 replies

hazeldom 1 Posts Monday February 2, 2015Registration date February 3, 2015 Last seen - Feb 3, 2015 at 09:01 AM
What if those netsh commands don't work??
Was this answer helpful?  

Hope the below solution works for you..
1. Click on Settings --> Show Advanced Settings
2. Under the Network, click on Change Proxy Settings
3. Click on Connections Tab -->LAN Settings
4. Select the Check box "Automatically detect the settings"
5. Click on OK.

It worked for me. Just try this.
Thank you for the pointers it worked.
To clarify on my version using I.E. :
- Tools
- Internet Options
- connections
- LAN settings
--- here I set "Automatically detect settings" AND switched OFF "use proxy server for your LAN...."
this RESOLVED connections using both IE and Chrome
My problem may have originated from previously using a VPN
mavisbean 1 Posts Friday December 12, 2014Registration date December 12, 2014 Last seen - Dec 12, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Can you please tell me from where you are clicking "settings"?
It is from google chrome browser
i had used Google chrome before but it crashed down so I uninstalled it and downloaded and installed it back , once it finished installing it opened a tab for me to sign in but the tab stayed blank , I tried going on to different website but still got the same response (just an empty white tab) and it eventually says pages have crashed would u like to wait or kill the pages , I tried going into settings but its not going through also , please help me .
I am having the same problem with no answer...
Zohaib R 2416 Posts Sunday September 23, 2012Registration date November 12, 2017 Last seen - Feb 11, 2013 at 09:32 AM
Hi krish na,

What is the exact error message that you get when you try to open Google Chrome and Internet Explorer? Please reply so that I can try to find a fix for the problem.

Please do write back to us.
while I troubleshoot the problem its shows

resource (web proxy) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts

so please do needful....
the page comes up white and then shuts down
thank you
while I troubleshoot the problem its shows

resource (web proxy) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts

so please do needful
dush09 8 Posts Monday February 4, 2013Registration date February 11, 2013 Last seen - Feb 11, 2013 at 07:59 AM

Right click on the IE\Chrome and select properties.

You will see user name or group name.

Click on Edit button and select the user or group name from which you logged in.

Verify that Permission for user name (Selected by u) is Allow or Deny.

If all the check boxes are checked under Deny option then IE\Chrome will not work for the selected user.

Make all the options checked under the Allow option and then open IE\Chrome.

It will work.

Reply me if it works or not if not then I will suggest u the other way.

dear Dushyant

i have tried as u said but all check marks are checked to allow only but I didn't get the solution.
Hi Dush,

I am still facing the problem despite following these steps. Yesterday I had some problem with skype and I couldn't change the DP. thereafter I tried run as administrator and thereafter chrome, internet explorer and firefox are not working. Skype and outlook are working fine thoug.