F4 key is not working to switch the display to external monitor

Closed
Sam_89 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2013 - Feb 16, 2013 at 07:11 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Feb 16, 2013 at 09:36 PM
help<help></help>

Hello

Most HP and Compaq laptops will allow you to switch to the external monitor with a function key. I let my old laptop boot to the bootup screen (either for the system password or for the windows password) while both internal and external screens are blank (the hard drive stops spinning). Then I hold down the function key [fn] which is next to the Control Key [Ctrl] and I press the f4 key once or twice to activate the external monitor. My f4 key has an icon on it that looks like a small monitor similar to |o|. I am then able to use the external monitor. For the best video, you may need to go into monitor properties to select the best driver for your external monitor.

i copy this massage for u cause I have same computer and same problem but also I have other issue which my f4 function is broken, so I am can't use this option so do u have any other advice

thanks

Sam
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 16, 2013 at 09:36 PM
Hello,
Is your laptop screen got damaged ? Let me know.
Good Luck