Black Screen appears after Windows XP logo

Closed
relbma Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 25, 2013 - Feb 25, 2013 at 02:29 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Feb 25, 2013 at 06:15 AM
Hello,

I'm using my trusty HP compaq laptop,had it 7 years and never had a problem!!My tower system on the other hand a 3.7 gig Dell,(supposed to be fast) !!! is dead in the water,black screen,boots from the start with all the windows XP service pack 3 home edition,and then NOTHING,will not start in safe mode,will not recover from the last place of entry!

One thing is puzzling me!?How the hell can I download your so called FIX,when I can't get the thing booted up???? yes I have this laptop,but do I download the FIX onto a disc?,Please give me a straight forward answer to a probably very straight forward problem to all you techno's out there,I'm a bog standard mechanic,who took an hour to type this question,so please bare that in mind with your reply!??

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 25, 2013 at 06:15 AM
Hi relbma,

I am sorry for the inconvenience; I would like to know as to which "FIX" you are referring to. To begin with if the computer is not booting to the "Safe Mode", we recommend running Dell 32-bit Diagnostics prior to trying any troubleshooting steps. To run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics:

1. Power off the computer.
2. Power on the computer.
3. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the <F12> key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the Windows logo appears power off the computer and try again).
Note: Some Dell systems do not have an F12 key, to access the boot options you have to press the <0> (zero) key at the Dell logo screen.
4. At the One Time Boot menu, press the <Down> arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press <Enter> to begin the test.
5. If there are any problems found with the Hardware this test will display a code, write down any Error Codes and Validation codes listed.

In your reply please included the System Model Number of your Dell computer.

Do reply with results.