-
Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
-
Hello,

I'm using my trusty HP compaq laptop,had it 7 years and never had a problem!!My tower system on the other hand a 3.7 gig Dell,(supposed to be fast) !!! is dead in the water,black screen,boots from the start with all the windows XP service pack 3 home edition,and then NOTHING,will not start in safe mode,will not recover from the last place of entry!

One thing is puzzling me!?How the hell can I download your so called FIX,when I can't get the thing booted up???? yes I have this laptop,but do I download the FIX onto a disc?,Please give me a straight forward answer to a probably very straight forward problem to all you techno's out there,I'm a bog standard mechanic,who took an hour to type this question,so please bare that in mind with your reply!??

1 reply

Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi relbma,

I am sorry for the inconvenience; I would like to know as to which "FIX" you are referring to. To begin with if the computer is not booting to the "Safe Mode", we recommend running Dell 32-bit Diagnostics prior to trying any troubleshooting steps. To run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics:

1. Power off the computer.
2. Power on the computer.
3. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the <F12> key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the Windows logo appears power off the computer and try again).
Note: Some Dell systems do not have an F12 key, to access the boot options you have to press the <0> (zero) key at the Dell logo screen.
4. At the One Time Boot menu, press the <Down> arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press <Enter> to begin the test.
5. If there are any problems found with the Hardware this test will display a code, write down any Error Codes and Validation codes listed.

In your reply please included the System Model Number of your Dell computer.

Do reply with results.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!