Blackening of acer aspire E 14 screen after a few minutes of use.

Closed
tndrlvngkier - Updated on Feb 20, 2020 at 01:48 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Feb 20, 2020 at 02:12 AM
Hello,
Have a great day! and thanks in advance to those who would share their opinions regarding to my problem, the problem of my laptop is it is so slow to boot up and I always end up of trouble shooting, second is after a few minutes of use it became more lag then close the recent or the current app then followed by blackening of the screen. in addition when I use opera beta there are instances that it would not run smoothly otherwise it will display "out of memory" then followed by blackening the screen. how can I solve this problem, I hope you can help me overcome this kind of situation, by the way my laptop is acer aspire E 14.

System Configuration: Windows / Opera Next 67.0.3575.13

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Feb 20, 2020 at 02:12 AM
Hello,

You can start by trying to Power Reset your laptop.
  • Turn off your laptop
  • Remove the battery pack, charger, and any other attached cables
  • Press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds and release. Your laptop should now boot up.
  • Put your battery back in and the charger
  • Power up your laptop as normal - it should work normally.

With the 'out of memory' error that you've seen, it could also be a memory issue.

How much RAM does your Acer have? The standard for your model is 4GB (You can upgrade it to 8GB, which should help with this issue).

For the time being, as a temporary measure, you can increase the amount of virtual memory, however this will be slower than the dedicated RAM:
  • Go to the control panel > system and security > system > advanced system settings > advanced > performance - settings > change.
  • Untick [] Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
  • Enter your Custom size

Alternatively, contact Acer Support if your problem persists.
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net