Registration date
Friday March 15, 2013
Status
Last seen
March 15, 2013
-
 HMmm -
Hello,
I could see only a shortcut from my flash drive when I open it. I could access to the files from that shortcut but It takes more time. I opened all files in my flash via a software which ara:
- autorun.inf
-desktop.ini
-Thumbs.db
-Removeable disk (8GB).lnk
- ~$WHHCBZPRI.FAT
- a folder which contains all flash files

I format it too but the virus come back again.

Thanks for your help

6 replies

Hi Zohaib,
Thanks for your reply

It is deferrent. for example if I had a folder named "abc", I couldn't see anything if I attached my flash. I only see a shorcut of my flash drive. If I click it another folder will be appear without name!
I found from the shortcut property that its target is:
C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe ~$WUQ.FAT,crys desktop.ini irmbxitf sctrpesv " "
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

i will say a easy method to remove this problem,

1. actually this virus is connected with the processor wuauclt.exe
2. so we have to disable it permanetly( nothing will happent o ur pc )
3. we cannot delete or disable it, so we have to restrcit its access
4. open the location(c:\windows\system32\wuauclt.exe)
5.properties>securities>advance>oweners
6.change the ownership to admin or user
7.then open permissions and remove the tick marks from all the admins, users, trustpublishers and press ok, angain ok(if asked)
8.its done!....no user has access to this file ur external drives will open without that shortcut virus
9.Fact:
this virus was created as prank and is no harm wirus , but pisses u off for sure
Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi samenmohammad,

A common problem with the USB Flash drives is the files turning into shortcuts. After this problem has been identified with your pen drive, this website suggests the following fix:

https://ccm.net/faq/8734-files-on-flash-drive-changed-to-shortcuts

Do reply with results.
thank you very much it was a great help :)
Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi samenmohammad,

I suspect this to be a virus issue. Try running antivirus scan on your computer. Do not open again and again the shortcut; this might duplicate the virus (if any). I hope you had downloaded "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" from the previous link. If not, please download from the below mentioned link:

https://ccm.net/download/download-105-malwarebytes

Answering your question deanil Vincent, viruses are very common and it is difficult to name what virus has affected the computer. Depending on the type of virus we recommend scan and try to fix the problem.

Do reply with results.
Registration date
Thursday April 25, 2013
Status
Last seen
May 14, 2013

Shortcuts appear in flash drives or any USB drives when either your computer or your USB drive is infected from Virus. Scan your flash drive as well as entire computer(complete system scan) with any antivirus that you are using like kaspersky, Immunet Plus, Norton, Avast, Bitdefender, Avira and when virus is detected, remove it with the help of antivirus. When virus will be removed, shortcut will not appear and you will be able to store as well as transfer your data properly.
I have the same problem but couldn't find any solution to solve it? It affects rundll32.exe in system folder but I am unable to replace it with a proper one because of the lack of permission on my office computer.
Please help us and help us without installing any malware remover tool.