A virus infected flash drive can easily create trouble. It's even possible that such a virus can change the names of your files to shortcuts. In this condition it becomes difficult to view files even after the virus is eradicated. Luckily, this problem can be solved and in this article we will show you how.
How to Fix Files on Flash Drive Changed to Shortcuts
If you haven't formatted your flash drive, check whether the files are in hidden mode. Then follow these steps:
Image © 123RF.com
- Download AutorunExterminator
- Extract it by double clicking on "AutorunExterminator"
- Plug your pendrive now
- This will remove the autorun.inf files from your pendrive and also from the drives
- Click on Start > Run, type cmd and click OK
- Here it is assumed your pendrive letter is G (change as necessary)
- Enter this command.
- Press Enter
- Now check for your files in on the pen drive
- Now download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
- Update it and perform a "Full Scan"
- Note : The default selected option is "Quick Scan"