Folder Lock Issue Lost Data

Closed
amir.hamza Posts 1 Registration date Saturday April 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2013 - Apr 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 13, 2013 at 02:51 AM
Back ground Details:
i installed my folder lock software in my portable hard drive.
i locked all my personal data in it's locker,so that even if anyone opened it he/she could access other things but not my personal stuff.
whenever i wanted to access my files in another pc i just ran the .exe file and gave the user name and pass and it would just open the locker for me.
i have been using this method for the past 3 years.no issues till now.

Problem:

now when i tried to open my locker by folder lock,it only opened a new locker.
didn't open any of my old data or any signs of another locker.
i repeat my data is still there as the size of the disk has not shifted

Observation:
when this happened , i noticed just one thing in my installation folder
which was a folder NAMED: asc_folder
and in side it another folder with the same name
this folder was not here before or never did i see it before in any situation

DESPERATELY WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE PLZ HELP ME OUT , THAT DATA MATTERED TO ME A LOT
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 13, 2013 at 02:51 AM
Hi amir.hamza,

When using Folder Lock it hides the files/folders by encrypting it and they are no longer visible but will occupy space on the Hard Drive. As per your description you have kept an ".exe" file on the external hard drive which you use to open folder lock every time on any computer. Try to completely remove the Folder Lock application from the computer by uninstalling it. Preferably use "Revo Uninstaller" to delete any traces of Folder Lock application. While uninstalling the application please keep your external Hard Drive connected to your computer. After uninstalling please check if the encrypted files are visible. This fix has worked for another user in the forum please check the below mentioned thread for more details:

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-692995-removed-folder-lock

Do reply with results.