Can't boot in any mode

Solved/Closed
shivammishrarlb Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday April 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2013 - Apr 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 - Apr 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Hello,I am shivam and wanted to know about my windows xp startup problems.I can't boot my windows xp in any mode.I just go to "Ms config" and in "boot.inf" I select safe mode with minimal and after that I can't boot in any mode.After clicking in Safe mode My computer show some drivers and it restarts.I don't have any type of bootable cd .So please help me.Can this problem solve by changing Windows Xp to Windows 7?Please help me
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 10, 2013 at 06:09 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options Menu" options ( if boot menu appears, press "Esc"

key and keep tapping the F8 key)

2) Select the option "Last Known Good Configuration".

If the problem still exists then follow the step 1 and check if you are able to

boot into "Safe Mode" or Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

There is no need to install Windows 7. You can also fix this issue by repairing

your Windows XP OS and for this you need Windows XP CD.

Good Luck
shivammishrarlb Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday April 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2013
Apr 11, 2013 at 05:59 AM
I don't have any windows xp cd I wanted to know that if I buy new xp cd it can replace my current windows or not.If not please give me the steps how can I repair this problem with windows xp cd.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Hello stinky,
Try this 1
1) Place the Windows XP CD and boot from it.
Note: If you failed to boot from the Windows XP CD then make sure that the first boot device is set to your CD\DVD drive.
2) When "Welcome to Setup" appears, press "Enter" which says "To set up Windows XP, press Enter".
3) When the "Windows XP Licensing Agreement" appears, press "F8".
4) When it prompts you whether you want to "Repair the OS" or to continue installing a fresh copy of Windows XP", as shown in the below image "Repair"
Repair
Press "R" key to select the repair option.
Then follow the onscreen instructions.
Good Luck
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Apr 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Hi,

I created a windows XP recovery console image for you. You can download it here : http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/6K7FaPFA
Burn it on a CD with ImgBurn software for example.

Be careful, it is not a windows XP installation CD but just the recovery console of windows XP.

1) Boot from the CD,
2) press R,
3) press 1 and then Enter,
4) enter the password and press Enter. (If the administrator password is blank, just press Enter)
5)Try to use these following commands to repair windows :
chkdsk C: /r (to verify and repair disk c:)
fixmbr (to repair the master boot record of the partition boot sector)
fixboot (to write a new partition boot sector onto the system partition)

Regards