No sound on my headphones while using laptop

Closed
bomko Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2013 - Apr 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Hello.
I have a specific problem which i couldnt find on the internet.
When i plug in my headphones, speekers go mute but i still have no sound on my headphones. I reinstaled drivers several times with no success.
This has happened a few times but i always just restarted computer,muted/unmuted speakers or waited for a few days and problem went away.

But now its already a week and the problem didn disappear.

Any suggestions are really wellcome.
I've already tried to set a default device (which wasnt possible), reinstalled drivers, tried pretty much any setting which i could see.
Also when test headphones i hear the sound from the speaker but then they go mute again

Regards
Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 12, 2013 at 01:47 AM
Hi bomko,

I have difficulty understanding the last line of your post: "Also when test headphones i hear the sound from the speaker but then they go mute again".

It is not clear from your post if you have tried this headphone with another computer or a different headphone/speaker with this computer.

Please do write back to us.
bomko Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2013
Apr 12, 2013 at 02:41 AM
Sorry for being unclear. When i have my headphones pluged in on this computer (the one who has problems) and i go on control panel to test the headphones i get sound from the inbound speakers.
Also i've tried a few headphones on different computers and they all work except on mine.
EDIT:
right now i just tried another headphone and it works. Tho i belive the problem still exists, because the headset i've jutr tried was puted away because i've tought it was broken because it didnt work on this computer, so i bought a new one the one i'm having problems now.
So if that info is of any help to you now i have two different headphones both working on other machines but only one on mine
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Hi bomko,

You have mentioned, "and i go on control panel to test the headphones i get sound from the inbound speakers". This indicates the headphone port in the computer is not functioning properly. The headphone ports are designed to mute the internal speakers when anything is plugged into them. Also you have tried different headphones with your computer and none of them work. This is another indication that the port is not functional.

However, the next part of your reply gives some other indication. You have mentioned, "i have two different headphones both working on other machines but only one on mine".

I have a few more questions for you. I would like to know what type of headphones you are using (model number and manufacturer of the headphone). Does this headphone use a different jack (please check the below mentioned image to identify the type of jack)?

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jXETq.jpg

Does this headphone connect using USB? If yes, you will need the drivers for your headphone. Also, I would like to know the exact model number of your laptop.

Please do write back to us.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell