My Dell computer has issues

Closed
klane96 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2013 - Jun 12, 2013 at 02:42 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 21, 2013 at 09:53 AM
Hello I have a Dell Inspiron and I tried connecting to our home internet and it says I have internet access but everytime I click on the internet explorer it tells me it cannot display the webpage ive tried changing the secirity network bit it hasnt worked I am completely losy and have no idea what to do.
Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 12, 2013 at 03:22 AM
Hi klane96,

Please try the steps provided in this link. This article from Microsoft is a comprehensive guide to troubleshoot "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
I have tried what you have suggested and yet it still is not working for some reason. it tells me im connected to network 2 (im using my internet cable at home) but underneath that it has a red x next to Broadband Connection and Broadband Connection 2. Any more suggestions?
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 12, 2013 at 03:56 AM
Hello,

Please permit to add few lines.

Try this 1

Right-click on the "Internet Explorer" icon --> Properties --> Click on

"Connections" tab --> Click on "LAN Settings" button --> Make sure that

everything is unchecked (No options are selected) --> Click on OK --> Click on

"Settings" button --> Make sure that everything is unchecked (No options are

selected) under "Automatic configuration" and "Proxy server" --> Click on OK -->

OK.

Temporary disable your Antivirus\Firewall and check if you are able to access

Internet.

If the problem still exists then follow the instruction given by Zohaib R.

Good Luck
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 21, 2013 at 09:53 AM
Hi klane96,

1. From the command prompt "Release" and "Renew" IP Addresses. Click here to find steps on how to do this.
2. If the wireless connection is available in your computer Run below MS Fix-Its:

a. Winsock Reset - Fix it
b. Automatically diagnose and fix common security setting on Windows
c. MS Fix it : Improve performance, safety and security in Internet Explorer

3. Download and update network card driver and BIOS from our support site. Note: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.
4. Run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics' Custom Test on Network card. Click here to find steps on how to run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics. If the Diagnostics returns any error code please add the exact text of the error code in your reply.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6