NOT CHARGEING THE BATTERY

Closed
wayne mayes Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 21, 2013 - Jul 21, 2013 at 08:26 PM
carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 - Jul 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I HAVE A DELL 1525 THAT WILL CHARGE THE BATTERY NOW. MY DAUGHTER AS ME TO LOOK AT HER DELL 1525. SHE SAID IT WOULD NOT TURN OR CHARGE THE BATTERY. I CONNECTOR MY CHARGER AND EVERY THING WORK GREAT. IT CAME ON AND THE BATTERY CHARGED UP. I TOLD HER TO BRING HER CHARGER AND LET ME CHECK IT. IT CHECK OK PUTTING OUT 19 VOLTS. SO, I PLUG HER CHARGER INTO THE LAPTOP AND IT WOULD NOT SHOW CHARGE AND IT FINAL QUIT. I REPLACED THE CHARGER BOARD AND THAT DID'NT FIX IT. USING MY CHARGER IT WILL COME ON BUT THE BATTERY IS NOT CHARGING. THIS IS THE SECOND ONE THAT I HAVE HAD. IS IT THE MOTHER BOARD.
Related:

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 22, 2013 at 04:52 AM
Hi wayne mayes,

It seems the battery and ac adapter for your daughter's laptop is not good. Is your new AC Adapter from Dell? If yes, please try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:

1. Disconnect all peripherals and confirm if system is working fine with the new AC Adapter only.
2. Remove AC adapter, Battery and then press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to release any flea power in the laptop. Reconnect your AC Adapter and battery and check if the battery is charging now.
3. Check the AC Adapter status in the BIOS. To enter BIOS press F2 when Dell Logo appears on startup. Check if the AC Adapter status is Unknown/Not Detected.
4. If the AC Adapter status is Unknown/Not Detected, flash the BIOS. You can download the updated BIOS from here and you can find steps on how to flash the BIOS from this link.
Note: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.
5. Try swapping with a known good battery (If available). If known good battery works, Replace faulty battery. Else, follow next steps.
6. Please run the Custom scan on Battery in PC Checkup. PC Checkup is part of the Dell Support Center Application. To run PC Checkup you must install Dell Support Center application. Click here to download and install Dell Support Center application.
7. If any of these tests fail, replace the battery. Else, follow next step.
8. Run the below mentioned MS Fix - It.
Fix power consumption problems and extend the laptop battery life

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 125
Jul 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Hi wayne mayes,

1.Check for the AC Adapter, functionality and status in BIOS by pressing F2 when you see dell logo while turning on your system.

2.Install / update Dell Quickset and flash the BIOS from www.support.dell.com (Minimum Req.: Battery Charged > 10% and Functional AC Adapter.

3.Restart your system and turn it on with the ac adapter connected with the system .