Second monitor won't turn on!

Closed
Cliffjumper - Feb 22, 2009 at 10:44 AM
 qiqi - Jan 9, 2010 at 12:27 PM
Hello,need some help!!!!
I have Toshiba laptop with ati x1250 and samsung syncmaster 710n I conected them and it worked for some time...
but now it wont start samsung,green lid just flashing...i tryed with various drivers won't work...i reinstalled vista and again does not work

can somebody help,please!!!!
Related:

3 responses

Ben_1990 Posts 16 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2009 5
Feb 22, 2009 at 01:31 PM
Check your display settings for your Display card and see if you have the 2 monitors setup for dual/clone view
it seems that software is working fine...my card recognize monitor even apply settings "extended desktop" and "clone with main" but samsung is not starting...i tried another monitor and it's not working,i just don't know what to do....
Have you tried keeping your S cable plugged in and rebooting? I think that unlike XP, the cable needs to be plugged in when you switch your PC on for vista to recognise the cable. Which is a bit innconvenient.

Does anyone know anyway around this problem?
cliffjumper > outback
Jul 1, 2009 at 06:48 AM
There is none solution....motherboard is dead!!!
I need to go in the computer management and disable/enable my second monitor for it to work every time I boot my PC. I have two syncMaster and I find it very annoying. But Vista doesn't seem to like to have two displays? I have another pc with two different monitor and I don't have this problem so... Vista doesn't like to have two of the same monitor or just doesn't like the samsung SyncMaster.
I found the problem to be monitors of the same size. If I use a 22" and a19", no problem. If I use both 22", I run into the same issue
Change your signal cable.