Dell inspiron i3 booting problem

Closed
arshadwali Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 31, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 31, 2013 - Aug 31, 2013 at 04:08 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Sep 2, 2013 at 02:40 PM
I am facing booting problem, when I power On my laptop, it dos not start up only at left top corner one ___ blinks. after turning off the laptop by power button and then again turn on the machine and keep pressing F12 key booting option menu appear instead of Hard drive it was booting on diskette drive. I selected Hard drive and enter then laptop worked fine but every time when I turn on the laptop it fail to boot because it select Diskette as booting drive instead of Hard drive.

please help me.

Thanks in advance

Arshad
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 2, 2013 at 02:40 PM
Hi Arshad,

Instead of changing the boot sequence each time, please load the BIOS settings to defaults and check. To change the BIOS settings to defaults:

1. Power on/restart the computer.
2. When Dell Logo appears start tapping the F2 key.
3. When the BIOS screen appears press the F9 key.
4. Confirm to load the defaults.
5. Press F10 to save and exit.
6. Check if the boot order is corrected now.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6