I have a BSNL type 2 Teracom wireless modem.I tried connecting my new dell laptop which did previously connect to a different wireless network.The laptop shows the BSNL wireless connection in the list of available connection but when I connect I get an error that says" Unable to connect to BSNL_AP" when I click on the troubleshoot link ,windows network diagnostics comes up and says "investigate router or access point issues"
What should I do?Please help me.
im sufring from the same problum I trid tis tric even I trid it twic but did not get any slution n im so worrid plz hep me ... my adapter n battery is working as well n charging light also blink .. fan is also workin my laptop. get on but after a half mint it goes off cant unpderstandin wat to do m y laptop is gifted by someon plz help me ...answer me soon I ill be glad
Please follow the below mentioned steps and reply with results:
1. Press and hold the Windows Key on the keyboard and then press R key to launch Run Dialog box.
2. Type "cmd" and hit "Enter".
3. Type "ipconfig" at the command prompt and hit "Enter".
4. Scroll down to Wireless Adapter.
5. Under the listed Wireless Adapter check if "IPv4" and "Default Gateway" show a valid IP Address.
6. Type "ping IPv4 Address" and hit Enter also ping "Default Gateway". Replace IPv4 address and "Default Gateway" with actual IP Addresses.
7. If you get response in the above step, type "ping www.dell.com" and check if there is response.
8. If Ping is successful in the previous steps and Internet Explorer is unable to open any websites or showing Page cannot be displayed. Run below MS Fix-Its using wired connection:
a. Winsock Reset - Fix it
b. Automatically diagnose and fix common security setting on Windows
c. MS Fix it : Improve performance, safety and security in Internet Explorer
9. If ping is successful for default gateway, but not for websites, check in "Safe Mode With Networking". If you are able to go online in "Safe Mode With Networking", then it's an issue mostly with firewall.
10. If you are not able to ping the website or go online in "Safe Mode With Networking" also, then "Power Cycle" the router.
11. Check if any other computers are able to connect to this same wireless network.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
sorry I could not mail earlier.The second laptop would not connect too.So I called BSNL and they asked me to get the modem and the laptop to a nearby office. They configured the wireless modem there but still the my laptop wud not connect.They told me to contact dell.But when I came home I opened the network and sharing center. It said detecting public network was disabled.I enabled it by clicking on it and viola...i got connected.Once connected I also downloaded microsoft fixit and repaired the wireless adapter.Thanks a lot for ur help and timely response.