Hi frnds, m having some problem with my laptp wifi. It's a Dell inspiron N5110 windows 7 64bit. I can connect to internet through my lan cable(ethernet) but not with wifi. The F2 key is not reponding. When I update my driver it says that "your driver is upto date". I tried every driver and every possible forum. The adapter name is Realtek PCIe FE family controller, which is working fine. So can plz anybody help me solving my prob. Thanks in advance guys :)
To identify the correct WLAN card in your machine follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Press and hold "Windows key" on the keyboard and press the key "R".
2. Run dialog box will be displayed.
3. Type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotations marks) and hit Enter.
4. Expand Network Adapters and check which one of the cards (listed above) is present in your laptop.
5. Click here to open the support site.
6. Enter the "System Service Tag Number" in the box below "Enter your Service Tag to get started" and click "Submit".
7. Under the Network section download the WLAN driver for the card present in the system.
Problem solved. The adapted was not working, so got it changed. Thanks for all ur help :) But now my Bluetooth is not working or not showing any icon. Do I need to install any drivers?? I did installed few by choosing my product number and name from dell website but no luck. Plz help sir.
Have you checked under "Unknown Device" in "Device Manager"? If not, please check if the Wireless card is listed there. If you are not able to see the Wireless Card in the Device Manager, the wireless card might not be detected by the system. Take a technician's help or by yourself try to re-seat the Wireless Card (refer Service Manual for detailed steps on how to remove the wireless card and safety tips). The WLAN Mini-Card slot on the Inspiron N5110 / 15R system is located at the bottom of the palm rest.
First four wireless cards are Bluetooth combo cards while the later four cards do not have Bluetooth capability but are compatible with Inspiron N5110. If you replacement wireless card is one of the later four cards Bluetooth will not work in your machine. Please check the Device Manager to identify the wireless card installed in the machine.
when I try to see my network adapter through device manager it doesn't show any but my windows update downloaded
Broadcom Corporation driver update for Dell Wireless 1701 Bluetooth v3.0+HS
I have successfully installed it
but my Wi-Fi still doesn't turn on only my Bluetooth is turning on and off what I should do?