How to Fix My Freezing Toshiba Satelite C655-S5049?

Solved/Closed
tailsfanfulz Posts 1 Registration date Sunday September 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 29, 2013 - Sep 29, 2013 at 05:20 PM
 Tailsfanfulz - Nov 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I have been working on this computer for a month already and I have not gotten anywhere. I DESPERATELY need help.

Every 10 to 30 minutes it freezes. It happens while I'm watching videos, YouTube or Computer. And then sometimes it does it when I'm just surfing the web. My browser is Firefox. It used to do this at this one shop, and when I got home it stopped. Now it's at home too, after I moved. One time it wasn't even lagging and it just froze. Some times I have to restart with the power button sometimes I just have to wait 4-10 minutes. It's been doing this since August or so.

I have already got drivers, virus scan, installed windows like 4 times from the USB, defrag, disk error registry clean, got new 2GB ram (it had 2GB at first, so I'm not going over it) and I was GOING to try system factory reset, but every time I try to the warning sign does not appear so I can't do that either.

Please please please, help.

Additonal Information: I have a Windows 7 62 bit and I have already system restored from points

1 response

ALRIGHT I FIXED IT A LONG TIME AGO, EVERYTHING'S BEEN WORKING FINE SO I'LL POST THE ANSWER

Basically, after everything listed above and much more, I went ahead and changed operating systems. I have changed from a Windows 7 to a Windows 8. The CPU is still very high despite all of that, but Windows 8 handles it very well and it has not froze for 2 months now.

Also, you may want to change your battery supply to high performance. I have not dared to change that setting so just keep your computer plugged in most of the time as well.

If you need help if you have this problem, please contact me