My Hotmail.co.uk Account has been hacked and now Blocked

Closed
Rakesh37 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday October 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2013 - Oct 6, 2013 at 03:29 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 6, 2013 at 05:45 AM
I have had my Hotmail account hacked and blocked for over a week and as i have held this account for years, all my valuable data is now blocked.
I have been through the verification process on several occasion but no luck and they keep asking me for my mothers birth place instead of her Maiden Name which was one of the security questions.
There are several support numbers on line but when i call them, they are in turn trying to sell me something (Authorised Agents for Microsoft- so they say).
what do i do to get my account unblocked even if it for one to access and transfer my important files.
please help - i have an .co.uk account.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Oct 6, 2013 at 05:45 AM
There are hundreds if not thousands of accounts being blocked because they were hacked and/or used for spamming.Unfortunately Hotmail is not secured and one should never save data on Hotmail servers without backing it up.

Please follow the procedure given in the following tip and recover your account:

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/email/1375-outlook-account-blocked-and-hacked/#topedit

Regards