External hard drive help please

Closed
eanne33707 Posts 1 Registration date Friday November 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2013 - Nov 8, 2013 at 09:30 PM
Lavinia kamasunga Posts 7 Registration date Thursday October 31, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2013 - Nov 10, 2013 at 04:49 AM
I purchased an external hard drive recently and have backed up my computer files onto it twice. (I think.)

When I open up the F: drive (where it is plugged in) I can see alot of information and folders marked Images and MyFiles, but when I try to open either of those folders, I cannot see my files. The Images folder shows me Complete System Backup as an NBF file (?) and the MyFiles folder just shows a folder called Native and in the Native folder is File and Folder Backup as a CAL file.

How can I see my documents? Or can't I? Maybe I'm doing something wrong when I do the backup? Or maybe I misunderstand the external hard drive? I thought that it saves copies of my files onto it, much like a flash drive. Do I misunderstand??

Thanks for any help! (My external hard drive is a 1tb Toshiba, and my laptop is also a Toshiba.)
Related:

1 response

Lavinia kamasunga Posts 7 Registration date Thursday October 31, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2013 1
Nov 10, 2013 at 04:49 AM
Well I think you should unlock your externaldrive before use cause maybe the folders you sent in to the drive can only be read in the computer..so when ex drive is plugged in lopen it and look up on the top left hand side where there is menu ,tools so on and you left click on restore hidden files..this will allow your documents to be seen..