My laptop isn't reading the memory card properly but my PC is?

Closed
lukehaywood Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 14, 2013 - Dec 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014 - Dec 14, 2013 at 02:07 PM
Ok I've plugged in the camera to the laptop and it can tell the camera is plugged in, because it says 'new device detected' and I even have the external drive option appear.. but when I click into it it comes up with this exe list:

(Please note these are EXE files and not FOLDERS)

.Trashes
AVF_INFO
DCIM
Flashy
MP_ROOT
RECYCLER

They're all exe files...

Ok so I thought maybe it's the lead and bought a card reader instead... same problem

So I tried it on a different PC and it works fine! It comes up with all the folders with the pictures and videos on it and everything else. And this is an OLD PC that's reading these files... so it's not an update or whatever that I'm missing on the laptop...

So... what is happening that means my laptop won't read the files properly?

Please help
Related:

1 response

nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014
Dec 14, 2013 at 02:07 PM
Whats your camera name and model full name?
I think some drivers are missing give me the model name full name.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me.