Killed laptop monitor, had external monitor working until.......

Closed
Belinda - Dec 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM
repavan Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 24, 2013 - Dec 24, 2013 at 05:13 AM
PLEASE help!

All was working well until I decided to go into control panel and somehow tuned of the external monitor, now of course I can't see it anymore and can't see anything on the laptop screen which is dead.

Is there a shortcut I can use to enable external monitor back on thru Windows 7???

Have tried Windows key + p, windows, shift and arrows and Fn + f4 to no avail....

thanks....
Related:

2 responses

nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014
Dec 19, 2013 at 09:35 AM
Hey there have you tried removing the external monitor cable from your laptop/pc if you have not do that and start your computer that might fix the problem.

If the above does not work try removing the external monitor while the computer is running/on and then plug it back in it should automatically detect it.
repavan Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 24, 2013
Dec 24, 2013 at 05:13 AM
try turning everything back on and then tap escape key, ext monitor should come back on, let me know if that works first, if no we will get it, I will just have to give you a longer path but the first option is pretty reliable most all the time