No signal to monitor after start up

Closed
dbestwow Posts 2 Registration date Saturday January 11, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2014 - Jan 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 11, 2014 at 03:21 PM
Hey Guys

I use duel monitors. One small one which is 1280 x 1024 and a large one whih a 26 inch tv and it is 1360 x 760. I've often given the large monitor to my little brother so he can use his xbox and I just use the small single monitor. But this time when I gave it back to him after I tabbed out of a game I just list the signql with.the screen. At first I thought it was some error with the resolution so I restarted my pc and after the start up and everything that shows up before the log in screen it looses it's signal. So I got the large TV back and plugged it in (by the way I use a Micro HDMI cable for this screen and a vga cable for the small monitor and they are both connected into my GTX 650 graphic card) and then it started working again. After I unplug it from the pc the small monitor looses connection. So it appeared to me that I needed duel monitors to use my pc. So the next day I go to turn on my pc and start it up and now both screen aren't getting a signal. I searched all around the web for a solution but all I got was stuff I already atempted. I tried cleaning my Ram, taking out my CMOS battery for about 30 minutes, unplugging the power and holding the power button for 30 seconds but still nothing. I tried a new monitor from my older brother and it worked and it still had that strange problem where the one of the monitors will only work if it has another monitor connected. I have no other monjtors to use so I have no idea what to do so hopefully someone will have a solution so I can back to my work.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 11, 2014 at 03:21 PM
sounds like a software problem caused by unplugging a monitor. It's safer to use the video card's software controls to 1st disconnect the monitor you want to remove then physically remove it.

I suggest you try the NVIDIA controls to disconnect one of the monitors.

Good Luck