External Hard drive Doesn't Show up?

Closed
sunny_123 Posts 3 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2014 - Feb 22, 2014 at 12:15 AM
tazmaniac_37752 Posts 9 Registration date Friday February 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2014 - Feb 22, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Hey Guys,

First of all i want to thanks to everyone who is reading this and gonna try to help me.

Here is the problem that i have. I have 1.5 Tb external hard drive which i use for my djing with my mac book pro. recently i started having issue that it would disconnect by it self but after while it used to come back on when i touch the wire and put that hard drive on stable place. i think wire was lose but last time when it got disconnected it never showed on my mac. When i tried connection to windows same thing it doesn't show on my computer but if i look under disk management it shows there with the letter but not the name i had for it and also it shows same amount of free space as the hard drive it self. Meaning it says no data in there(1.5 tb free of 1.5 tb) i had 1tb of songs in there .i want them back. Please help me out guys.

Related:

1 response

tazmaniac_37752 Posts 9 Registration date Friday February 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2014 1
Feb 22, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Working off the assumption that you connect to your computer V I A usb cable, either the cable it's self has a break to the inside wires or the end connectors them selves are either dirty or just worn out. try changing the cable!