Can't connect Bluetooth 2.0 speakers to Dell Inspiron N7110

Closed
sawimp Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2014 - Feb 22, 2014 at 09:28 AM
sawimp Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2014 - Feb 23, 2014 at 03:04 AM
I am trying to connect Bluetooth 2.0 wireless speakers to Dell Inspiron N7110 laptop but it doesn't work. I get the correct paring handshake and the speaker icon shows up on laptop as stereo headphones. Device Manager shows that I have Intel Centrino Bluetooth 3.0. The Bluetooth 2.0 speakers I bought worked fine with the store manager's mobile bluetooth phone but now with my laptop. He said the speakers will not work with laptops?? Please help. Thanks!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Ok, well the store manager may be right. Do they work on your mobile phone, and not the laptop?

Just because the Pairing works, they can see each other, but the llaptop doesn't have the driver to the speaker part. The connection is fine, but the speaker language isn't there, is my guess. Did anything prompt for a driver load, or installation disk, or o[ption when you paired the devices. I know when my technicians pair with my desktops, if it is the first time the phone has presneted itself to the desktop, the dekstop prepares itself for the communications by downloading a driver from the phone. There are my observations.
sawimp Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 at 03:04 AM
Thanks for reply ac3mark, yes they handshake but no prompt for a driver load or install disk. Speakers work perfectly w/mobile phone in store but not w/laptop. I saw one person here who had a dell 3250 (?) and with the same problem and the advice was to deinstall bluetooth on laptop and reinstall w/another bluetooth sw. I'm in Thailand and the wireless Speakers here seem to be limited to bluetooth but dont want a wired version, too restrictive. Thanks.