WD External HDD MYPassport

Closed
infobalu Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 6, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 6, 2014 - Mar 6, 2014 at 04:37 AM
carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 - Mar 6, 2014 at 09:34 AM
Hi,

I have 2TB External WD HDD. I was copying files from 2TB to My friend HDD. I have copied 150 GB after that I have try to copy more files and It hanged and stopped working. After Unplugging the device and I have plugged again. There is no drive shown corresponding to the external HDD. I have contacted and explained the scenario.

If I plug HDD device drivers got installed and I can see the same from drivers managers. But I can see the drive from my computer. I can see only the internal hard disc partition.

western digital support people told me that this problem because of file corrupted in the hadr disk. They have suggested that please to recover using software available in internet. They were not suggested which is best fit. simply they have told me that just download software from net and do. I have taken my HDD to stellar a company for data recovery. They send an estimation ( can any body tell how much you expect).

Please help me if guys have come across such situation and solution

Thanks
Related:

1 response

carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 125
Mar 6, 2014 at 09:34 AM
This is the problems with external drives 1TB and up. They easily break.

It looks like the drive needs to physically repaired. But if you still want to recover your files on that broken drive, try the following softwares on this link: https://www.lifewire.com/free-data-recovery-software-tools-2622893

They are all free. I use Recuva to recover files from my dead drive that is still showing in device manager.