Panel lights get lighted up but no image on the laptop screen

Closed
veerendradarakh Posts 8 Registration date Sunday December 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 20, 2015 - Apr 28, 2014 at 02:11 PM
veerendradarakh Posts 8 Registration date Sunday December 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 20, 2015 - Apr 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Hello,

I have HP pavilion dv 6000 laptop. It was working fine till yesterday. since yesterday I am facing a problem that there is no image on the laptop screen. When I switch on the laptop I find that altho the panel lights are on there is no image on the screen.

I tried to boot the laptop after taking out the battery and switching it on once again but I still face the same problem.

I took it a a local Hp service centre wherein I was told that most probably the mother board will have to be changed. They will confirm it tomorrow after an extensive checking.

Could the forum pls help. What could be the cause and what can be done ?

I will be benefited by all the answers.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Veerendra Darakh
Related:

2 responses

Derrall Posts 8 Registration date Thursday April 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2014
Apr 28, 2014 at 05:12 PM
When you swapped the battery out, did you just replace it with the same battery or use a different one (a backup?). This has happened to me once, got an entirely new battery and the screen came back to life.

Make sure its not corroded, even slightly.
veerendradarakh Posts 8 Registration date Sunday December 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 20, 2015
Apr 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM
I removed the battery and switched on the laptop directly connected to the mains i.e without any battery. This has happened to me before also. That time I used to just remove the battery and work with the laptop directly connected to the mains for some time. After that I used to refix the battery and that used to solve the problem. This time that is not working. Could it be the mother board issue.

Regards,

Veeren