External Hard drive Problems!! Please Help!

Closed
Luvinu1122 - Mar 8, 2009 at 01:08 AM
lucas231 Posts 6 Registration date Friday January 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 - Mar 9, 2009 at 05:50 AM
Hi! So my external hard drive isn't opening on my computer or anyone else's computer anymore. My hard drive used to work just fine with my computer. I know all the usb plugins work because I use them with camera's and I used my brothers external hard drive to see if his worked on my computer. And his hard drive had worked with my computer. So I pretty much got it narrowed down to just my hard drive that isn't working. I opened up the case and everything looked fine.. nothing looked broken or loose. The light on the front turns on when I plug it into my computer and it makes noises like its trying to open. When I plug it in the usb symbol shows up in the bottom right corner like normal but my hard drive doesn't pop open or show up under the hard drives. I just don't know what could be wrong with it. I'm afraid that I might have deleted something off of my hard drive that is keeping it from opening. I have very sentimental photos on there that I would hate to lose!! If anyone has any suggestions that will help with out losing my photos please let me know. Thank you in advance!!
Related:

1 response

lucas231 Posts 6 Registration date Friday January 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 4
Mar 9, 2009 at 05:50 AM
hi,
it may be that you lost the firmware for the hard disk.
post the make and model of your computer and HDD and we will find the firmware for you.