Bootmgr is missing. Press Ctrl & alt & del to restart

Closed
Lupesfan19 Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 13, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2014 - Jun 13, 2014 at 02:29 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 13, 2014 at 06:15 AM
Hello,
I have a Toshiba satellite L775 - it was working perfectly fine when I came into work this evening. I did a sytstem reboot and now I cannot get onto my computer. Won't even go to Start Up Windows. I've shut it down for about 2 hrs and rebooted it. When I turn it back on a msg comes up stating " Bootmgr is missing. Press Ctrl & alt & del to restart. I don't know what this means. I have never had problems with my computer before. It is necessary for me to get back up as this is also my work computer with important documents and photos.
Please help with any suggestions you may have. I am desperate!!
Thanks
Christy
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jun 13, 2014 at 06:15 AM
Hi Christy,

Another Toshiba issue! This is a very sticky wicket!

The main problem is that you have a Toshiba and Toshiba does not provide Windows installation CD's which in any other case would help to solve the problem.

The only solution that Toshiba provides is to restore to factory, out of the box, settings; since you wish to preserve your data, that option is out of the question.

I therefore suggest that you contact Toshiba for either their magical solution or get installations CD's if you have a CD reader on it.

Good luck